Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 9

Today I am thankful for my baby cousin, Jay.  Today is his 18th birthday, so he's not exactly a baby anymore.  He's extra special, not just because he's the youngest of all the cousins but also because he's the only boy.  He's endured a lot of painful hours of dress up in his life!

I remember the morning he was born.  I was staying at my grandparents and my Grandmama had just woke me up to get ready for school.  She called the hospital to check on my aunt because she had gone to the hospital in the middle of the night.  When she got off the phone she told me the news - a Baby Boy!  I ran to the other bedroom where my Papa and Jessica were still asleep and told them the baby was here!  Before school, Grandmama took me to the hospital to see him.  I got to see him first!!

I am so glad he's mine though; he's smart, kind, thoughtful, talented and very handsome.  I think it's rare to find that many good qualities in a guy his age.  (It's rare to find that in guys my age, but that's a-whole-nother blog post.)  I love him very much and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful cousin!


All the cousins last Christmas.  Birthday Boy on the Left!

No comments:

Post a Comment