Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 16

Today, I was thankful that Oakley sang the rain away so I could run after work.  I wonder if we can teach him a song to get rid of humidity?

http://www.thefrisky.com/2011-11-15/10-reasons-im-thankful-to-be-single-this-thanksgiving/

I recently read this article online and it got me to thinking.  Mostly because I, too, am single... again... still... at the holidays.  Being single isn't all bad - I have complete control of the remote and the thermostat at all times.  Some of the points are kind of funny, but they make sense too.  Most importantly, it reminded me that I am thankful to be single.  That's not to say I don't want to be in a relationship.  But there must be a reason for me to be in this place in my life, and I am thankful for that - whatever that reason is.  Every day I pray that God will show me my way in life, and I know that He will.  Until then, I am going to be thankful for everything I have and not waste any time lamenting over what I don't have that I think I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment