Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Time to Stop Talking and Start Doing

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who are all talk with no action behind it.  Lately, I have been guilty of that because I have been saying for months (literally) that I need to start my fundraising for M2M3.  I am egregiously behind, but that all ends today.  I have updated my online fundraising page and I'm open for business!

When a friend first told me that he was doing this relay and asked if I wanted to join, I thought he was crazy.  4 days on an RV with a bunch of strangers sounded awful.  But then I saw the runners coming back into Mobile and I heard their stories and I thought "well... maybe."  Then I signed up for last year's run, and I thought that it would be a cool thing to do but really only thought of it as a one-time thing.  I was only into the first day of the relay when I realized there was no way that I wasn't coming back.  I was hooked.  I will admit that there have been more than just a few times over the last few months where I considered not doing it again this year because "fundraising is a pain" and "4 days is a long time to take off work."  But then I realized that would be taking the easy way out, and I remembered the kids at St. Jude's who don't have an easy way out.

So here I am, officially kicking off my fundraising.  I've looked back over the pictures from last year, and remembered the hospital tour, the sleep deprivation and the crazy roadside dance parties (which were probably a direct result of the sleep deprivation) - and I'm ready to do it all again!  Our legs save lives!


1 comment:

  1. I am guilty of this. But life gets so insane sometimes. If I don't have a race on the book I feel I fall completely of track and let other things come before running. But they are all legit reasons.

    ReplyDelete