Friday, March 9, 2012

February Recap

February went by like a blur.  A marathon, a half marathon and Mardi Gras... It was a lot of fun and exhausting!!  Unfortunately, I only got in 111 miles in, so I am a little behind on my goal for the year.  I took it easy last week because my knee wasn't been feeling 100%.  I sprained it 3 years ago and every so often it gets a little unhappy.  The rest was good though because this week felt much better.  It's funny when you take some time off from running to recover from a big race or rest from an injury - I like to call it a run-cation.  The first couple of days are kinda fun and I'm like "ooh I have all this time on my hands" but after that I just have this nagging feeling that I am forgetting something.

Last Saturday I had another fun surprise... my washer decided to die on me.  As much as I would love a laundry-cation, it is a necessary evil.  I had to make a quick decision and had the new washer delivered earlier tonight!  FYI, shopping for laundry appliances is nowhere near as much fun as shopping for a new outfit.  It's an HE washer which means I need special detergent which means I cannot avoid a trip to Walmart.  I also need groceries.  And toothpaste.  Oh wow that's going to put a damper on my Saturday.

I'm going to do a new (to me) race on Sunday in Robertsdale - the Leprechaun Chase 10k!  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment