Friday, May 13, 2011

The end is in sight!

Last night Blue Team finished around midnight, then we drove about an hour to our campground. By the time we got our RV situated, and I got a shower, I was crawling in bed around 2 am. We extended the slideouts on the RV and we got about 5 1/2 hours sleep so I was feeling quite spoiled when I woke up this morning!
At breakfast, Ms. Susan was telling us they had packed today's lunch and tomorrow's breakfast for us, because the next time we see them will be at the Battleship! I cannot believe we are a little over 24 hours away from the end! It made me a little sad.
Those crazy Red Teamers decided to throw an impromptu wedding reception on the side of the road this morning. Katie & Derek are getting married in July, so Katie had on an all white running outfit with veil and bouquet and Derek had a bowtie. We all shook our booties before we started running again. Only bad thing - there was no cake! :(
I've already run once since Blue Team took over, and I'll be driving the chase van on the next segment. I'm planning to run a couple more legs before we quit for the day.
I'm just amazed how this has exceeded my expectations and cannot imagine not being involved again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment