Sunday, February 5, 2012

Time flies...

Where the heck did January go?!?!?  And how has February snuck almost a whole week in?

I finished up January with 191.36 miles, over 10% of the way to my goal of 1800 miles.  Woo hoo!  February could possibly be a little short due to tapering for the marathon, recovering from the marathon and celebrating Mardi Gras.  ;)

This weekend I ran the Double Bridge Run in Pensacola for the first time.  It was a blast!!!  Aside from the 60 degree temperature, the two monster bridges and the headwind, it was a great time.  The post race party was great too.

I cannot believe the marathon is less than a week away!!!  So far, the forecast looks like perfect marathon weather - sunny and lows in the 40s.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed because a lot can change in a few days.  I'm a little nervous because I know this race is going to be hilly and hilly hurts.  But, I'm just going to get out there and try to enjoy myself and not worry too much.  I can't wait to get my new bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment