Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recovery

This week seemed to have flown by, and maybe not in a good way.  When I came home Sunday from Birmingham, my post-Marathon PR bubble was burst by the discovery that my furnace was malfunctioning.  Long story short, it needs to be replaced and will be soon.  But it still added a little extra stress to my week.

Normally after I run a marathon I take a few days off from running, but I had to break out the running shoes on Monday night for one of my favorite runs during the whole year.  Our Monday night running group meets at Callaghan's instead of Heroes every year on the second Monday before Fat Tuesday, and then we run the parade route before the parade starts.  We dress up silly and it's always funny to hear what people say as we are running through the streets.  Mostly it's a lot of "Run Forrest Run" (only my most *favorite* running joke ever) and "what are you doing"?


I only ran one other day this week.  I was going to run this morning at the BOMB but we needed extra volunteers and the weather was a drizzly mess.  I will get back to my schedule after Fat Tuesday.  We're in the home stretch for Mardi Gras... tomorrow is the Joe Cain 5K.  I've got my tutu ready and we are going to have a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment