Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I can hardly keep up with myself

Another Mardi Gras has come and gone.  The last few days were jam-packed - Joe Cain 5K, IM Ball and Fat Tuesday wrapped up with the KOR Reception.

The Joe Cain 5K was awesome.  After we had a tropical storm come through on Saturday, the weather for Sunday was dry!  We had an amazing turnout.  For both races this weekend I worked at the finish line and it's pretty cool seeing all the runners as they come though.  It was a little cloudy and windy, but that didn't stop us from dancing in the street until the widows arrived!  If that doesn't make any sense to you, our post-race party is across the street from Joe Cain's house and we party until Joe Cain's Merry Widows come by and visit the house.  It's always a great time and I love my running club!

Fat Tuesday was another crazy busy fun day.  I spent the same amount downtown as I do on a regular work day, but I was probably twice as tired.  Of course, I had twice as much fun so that explains it.  :)  However, as with every year I'm glad to see Mardi Gras come to an end and for life to get back to normal.

Of course we can't forget that today marks the beginning of the Lenten season.  I have decided that I am going to give up fried foods for Lent.  I do love me some french fries and chicken fingers so this will be tough!!!  On Sunday at church we talked about the purpose of Lent being to regain control.  I definitely need to regain control of my eating habits, especially now that I am not training for a marathon.

Confession: tonight was the first time I have ran since last Thursday.  Crazy!  It was great to get back to regular routine of changing clothes in the office bathroom and rushing out the door to go run.  Heck, I was even happy to be out there doing hill repeats!!!!

Tomorrow is my Friday!  I am taking Friday off because my friend Cassie & I are driving to Orlando for the Disney Princess Half Marathon on Sunday.  I am so excited!!!  This will be my first Disney race, and my first time at Disney in over 10 years.  It's going to be a quick trip and another busy weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Last time I was in Disney we we're there together! I hope you have just as much fun this time, minus the matching denim overall shorts (I recently saw the pick of us, hahaha)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That was such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you recover so quickly?! I'm still in a rut from the race and I have another in a week! Any advice?? Please share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have a few days of being sore and thinking "I am never running again" and then I am ready to get back out there. I'm afraid if I take too many days off then I won't be able to stick to my schedule.

      Delete