Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review

Why fold & put away laundry when I can write a blog post?

Today I ran my last run for the year.  16 miles; it wasn't pretty but it's over with.  Afterwards I decided to plug ole' Gus into Garmin Connect and get a total of my miles for the year.


1,656 miles and over 300 hours of running.  That's about 12 and a half days.  Mixed in there was 2 marathons, 3 half marathons, a 4-day charity run and several 5Ks.  Maybe next year I can hit 2,000???  (Ok, 1800 is much more reasonable.)  According to my Garmin Connect, that is 200 miles more than 2010, but I didn't get Gus until late January or February of last year, so the all of the miles weren't logged.

I made a couple of big changes in the home improvement area - new windows in August and a safer, more energy efficient, brightly colored front door in November.  I have three more big projects that I would like to do, but not sure which will come next.  I would like ceramic tile in my kitchen and I would also like to seriously renovate my two bathrooms.  All of them will be quite costly so there's no telling when I'll actually get my wishes fulfilled.

Another big development in 2011 that I am really excited about is a change at work.  I was given an opportunity to take a different position with my company.  I've been doing it for about a week and a half now.  It's very challenging but I really enjoy it.

Overall, 2011 has been a pretty good year.  I think it's important to focus on what I do have and know that it far outweighs what I don't have that I think I might need.  I can't wait to see what is in store for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment