Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shavasana

I love going to yoga on Wednesday night.  It's a nice break from all the running I do.  And the instructor is the best, although I am a little biased.  ;)
One of the last things we do before class ends is Shavasana, or "corpse pose."  It's a time of relaxation and transition to go back to our busy lives.  Every time we conclude class with shavasana I am reminded of when I was little and my Grandmama would try to get me to go to sleep.  She would tell me to lie still and close my eyes and then she would say "sleep little one eye, sleep little two eye" and she would name all the body parts - mouth, arms, legs, etc.  This is so funny to me because I am pretty sure my Grandmama has never done a minute of yoga in her life!  And if she heard me use the word "shavasana" she would probably say "God Bless You"!  I guess she's a little more wordly than any of us ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment