Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Light Half

Today I ran my 12th half marathon - First Light!!!  (If my counting is correct, which it usually is not.)  It was not pretty, I must admit.  The weather was turrible - close to 60 degrees at the start.  Two years ago, the temperature at the race start was around 19 degrees.  I crossed the finish line looking like this:


Today I was in a tank and shorts.  The good news is, I still took about 3 minutes off that day.  I so much prefer running in cooler temperatures though.  The heat and humidity are not my friends.  I still feel kinda yucky.

Once I finished the race, I took off and ran a little more than 3 miles to meet my buddy Robert and provide him with a little support as he finished the marathon.  He didn't really need our help though.  He's a rockstar.  I ended up with a little over 20 miles for the day.  I felt good except the temperatures.  5 weeks until Mercedes!!!

1 comment:

  1. good job joy. However you spellted turrible wrong. Maybe thats why you lack wwf skills.

    ReplyDelete