Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 5

Today I am thankful for my mom & stepdad and all they do to help me with my house.  Four years ago, Garry put a new metal roof on my house and covered all of my soffits and overhangs with vinyl and metal to protect them from rotting.  Today, for my birthday present (in 16 days!) they replaced my front door.

It's really sad how pitiful my original front door was.  It was hollow (like an interior door) and it turns out someone had actually sawed off the bottom of the door!  The door didn't even seal like it was supposed to, so I'm sure that let out an unknown sum of the A/C and heat I've been paying for all these years.  Truthfully I did not feel very safe with such a flimsy door out front.

The new door is fiberglass.  It is much more sturdy and energy efficient.  I'm pretty sure it's eligible for a tax credit (yay!).  The things you get excited about in your old age.

As for the color... yuck.  This beigy color is the base/primer color that it comes in, but I will be changing that soon.  Hopefully next weekend!  But even with the ugly color I am still so excited about my new door!


No comments:

Post a Comment