Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jessica's Big Day

My Sissy has been married for two whole weeks!  I can't believe it.  It was such a pretty day, and the ceremony and reception turned out very well.  I am so happy for Jessica & Justin.  Fortunately, my mom took a few pictures with my camera because the "official" wedding photos are not in yet.


Movie Star Kiss!  Just like Carrie & Berger.


Me & Jessica at the reception.

Because I was the Maid of Honor, and because Jessica means so much to me, I wanted to say a few words to honor her on her special day.  This is what I tried to say - although it came out more as a blubbery mess:

Good evening. I'm Joy, Jessica's maid of honor and her eldest cousin. We spent a lot of time together growing up; so much so that we're more like sisters. Like sisters will do, we had our fair share of squabbles in our younger years; often to the dismay of our parents and grandparents. I remember one time, Papa was telling me how I needed to be patient and try harder to get along because we would always have each other and one day we would be best friends. At the time, I remember thinking that I didn't even really like her that much and there was no way we would ever be friends. (haha) But he was right, and here we are several years later and she is one of my best friends.
So I am very honored to be a part of her and Justin's special day. As some of you may know, Jessica is a teeny bit obsessed with Disney movies, so it is only fitting that she has found her Prince Charming. Justin is so loving and kind and thoughtful to Jessica, and it is wonderful that they have found each other. I know we are all very glad that Justin has joined our family. My wish for them is that the happiness that they are experiencing today is just a glimpse of all the good times they have ahead of them.
It was a beautiful today for a special couple.  I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment